Title: A Romantic Fairway: The Best Golf Courses for Couples in Myrtle Beach
Myrtle Beach, fondly referred to by many as the Golf Capital of the World, hosts over a hundred pristine golf courses. This popular vacation destination on South Carolina’s Atlantic Coast is the perfect romantic getaway for golfing couples. Here’s a rundown of the best golf courses for duos seeking to combine a love of the game with a sprinkling of romance.
1. Pine Lakes Country Club: Pine Lakes, or “The Granddaddy” as locals call it, is a prestigious location known for its perfect blend of historical sophistication and modern amenities. Couples can enjoy a round on the well-kept lawns of the first golf course launched in Myrtle beach in 1927. The intricate design of the course, the inviting clubhouse, and a reservation at the Palmetto Pub for a post-game dinner can surely strike up the romance.
2. Dunes Golf and Beach Club: The Dunes is a semi-private course designed by the renowned Robert Trent Jones and has ranked among the top 100 golf courses in the country. Golf-loving couples can appreciate the coastal beauty while dealing with fair challenges. The 13th Hole, famously known as ‘Waterloo,’ offers a stunning view of Singleton Swash and is a hotspot for couple selfies.
3. Caledonia Golf and Fish Club: Caledonia is famous for combining the beauty of natural landscapes and a challenging game. Its 18th hole driveway lined with live oak trees and a spectacular sunset view offer couples a chance for an intimate walk. To swap golf stories with other couples, visit the club’s restaurant, overlooking the picturesque course.
4. Barefoot Resort and Golf: Enveloped in the heart of Myrtle Beach, Barefoot is home to four spectacular courses designed by Pete Dye, Tom Fazio, Greg Norman, and Davis Love III. The spread over a vast expanse, the resort offers couples plenty of opportunities for private games. If relaxation tops your chart post-game, head straight to the resort’s luxury villa.
5. Grande Dunes Resort Club: The Grande Dunes is not just a golf course, but a complete romantic setting for couples visiting Myrtle Beach. Its layout observes the Intracoastal Waterway, providing players unmatched panoramic views. Plan a romantic dinner at the Mediterranean-styled clubhouse overlooking the 18th green for an enchanted evening.
6. Myrtle Beach National – King’s North: The famous ‘Gambler’ is a delight here. It’s the course’s 6th hole, a risk-reward par-5 with an island fairway, designed uniquely for adventurous couples. The course’s thoughtful set-up, combined with its exceptional Southern cuisine served at the clubhouse, symbolizes the heart of Southern hospitality.
7. TPC of Myrtle Beach: Take your partner to a course that’s tested the best, like Tom Watson and Gary Player. This tour-caliber course gives couples an exhilarating PGA Tour-like experience. The tranquil setting, well-stocked pro shop, and an elevated 19th hole for drinks make this destination a must-visit.
8. The Heritage Club: A round at The Heritage Club offers a delightful journey through towering, centuries-old pines and moss-draped oaks. Its genteel Southern charm and picturesque landscape make it a romantic favorite. The colonial-style clubhouse serves an amazing Sunday brunch, just right for couples to wind down their game.
Myrtle Beach’s golf courses aren’t just magnificent greens to play on; they are memories waiting to happen. Each course, with its unique blend of Southern charm, romantic vistas, and rigorous game, offers golfing couples a chance to build unforgettable moments. Whether it’s an anniversary celebration, a weekend getaway, or a simple ‘just because’ escape – golfing in Myrtle Beach is a hole-in-one for couples in love. These are but a few fantastic options, but rest assured, the Golf Capital of the World will always leave you spoilt for choice.